1. 2017 FUNDRAISER

2017 brings with it a new server for the site. Any donations to support the ongoing costs of keeping this running will be greatly received. See this thread for more information.

David Thomas...Anyone heard from him?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by citrus3000psi, Sep 1, 2014.

1. lwizardl

lwizardl Living The Dream

Yes that is correct, and considering how much crap people have given David over this (myself included) I think he has done everything he can to show he plans to get this taken care of and also only 3 left to do. One of which looks will be finished soon and already been in talks with Shawn about the items.

And for him listing things on ebay I do not hold that against him if you knew half of the stuff he has been through in the last 2 years I think you would give up on trying to stir the pot over and over again. David will return the forum again once everything has been completed and sent back to people and he feels safe about the sites users.

2. XboxSurgeon

XboxSurgeon Site Supporter Since 2013

It has nothing to do with stirring the pot. It's about getting people what's fair. David has been hiding behind you and his issues for far too long.

mairsil likes this.
  3. lwizardl

well constantly coming into here and say "he is doing this, and this and this" is doing nothing to help. So best I can ask is if your not involved in being owed anything then please stop posting. People like you will be the ones causing David to not feel safe returning to the site. I'll be sure to contact an admin

4. XboxSurgeon

People like me? Feel free to contact an admin. Him being absent from the site is just as bad as you helping and having no answers.

I'm not trying to "scare" David into not returning. I'm saying and have been that if he is active with the community through you, totally active on eBay, he should have the balls to show his face purely out of respect for those who have felt disrespected by him disappearing when owing so much. Remember, before you took on this role I was the one trying to defend him and reach out to him. If you want someone whether they are owed something or not to not post, then request the thread be locked.

Do not tell me what to do or implement idle threats of "contacting an admin".

5. lwizardl

once again if you knew the details on stuff I am positive you wouldn't be posting like you are. But if David was to come to the site login and then check the thread and see you constantly posting and trying to stir the pot which you are doing. I would bet he would just not come back for a while again. Was not a threat I did contact an admin about seeing if there is a way to block you from posting in this thread. I am doing everything possible to help people get the stuff owe and all I see is you lately posting crap. Do you think I want to keep contacting david saying hey surgeon is bitching yet again. Both him and I have no idea why you are even posting since it has nothing to do with you in the first place. You was never owed anything.

6. XboxSurgeon

I'm not posting crap. I'm asking questions. Why am I posting? Because I had an invested interest in seeing David come back and I held hope out that he would return. Try as you may about blocking me from posting. I'm not trying to piss you or David off. I'm asking why he hasn't been back. Nothing happens unless questions are asked. Don't think I don't appreciate what you have done with the foot work you've put in. Get sensitive about my posts or don't. They aren't intended to be "crap", they're intended to ask for progress. Most that will happen is this thread, which isn't even yours, will be cleaned up by a mod. But you have fun perpetuating false hope.

7. retro

retro Administrator Staff Member

There are many anxiety disorders and varying (even fluctuating) degrees of severity. One of the most important people in my life has crippling anxiety and depression, which leaves her unable to hold down a job. Much like David's situation I'm sure, there are factors in her life that are perpetuating and greatly increasing her symptoms. She can't even face getting out of bed some days. Getting online is similarly too big a challenge to face for her on some days. Likewise, she finds herself having to sell almost literally the clothes off her back to make ends meet. Regardless of whether you want to try and go online and be sociable, sometimes you HAVE to go online to sell something on eBay so your child can eat this week... and that takes every ounce of energy you have left to do.

Mental health issues are complex and empathy can be difficult, even if you yourself have had a similar experience. It is a tough burden to bear, and likewise for loved ones to cope with. Be sympathetic, even if you can't put yourself in their place. Yes, the fear of getting attacked on an Internet forum is real... and nobody can guarantee he won't get attacked, because there's always some twat who decides "lolz, this isn't real life... I can be a dick!"

All we can do is tell him, if he wishes to return, to take it at a pace with which he is comfortable. Appreciate that people may well be a bit grumpy at first, try not to take anything to heart and report any rules violations. If it's too much, take a break until you feel able to return. At the same time, he needs to appreciate that people won't trust him now and he would need to earn that trust again.

@XboxSurgeon @lwizardl - quit bickering like children. I don't care who did what first. You've BOTH changed your tune - one was all "he's not replying, it's a scam!" and the other was like "chill, dude, he's a good guy going through some bad shit".... now you're both completely the opposite. This thread is long enough without people using it to moan at each other. Discuss the return of items - anything else gets deleted as off topic.

8. lwizardl

more news from David, he has got the system ready and working. I sent more details to Shawn

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. lwizardl

and looks like shawns package will be mailed out tomorrow

cmc0234 likes this.
  10. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator

Good work lwizardl

lwizardl likes this.
  11. jakeeeenator

jakeeeenator Site Supporter 2015,2016,2017

Wow this has been a very interesting read. I hope the last few people get their stuff back soon. Good work lwizardl!

cmc0234 and lwizardl like this.
  12. CrAzY

CrAzY SNES4LIFE

This is still going on? Holy shit.

13. MoonTar

MoonTar Site Supporter 2014

Well, I am over a year late to read that but I am glad to see N64Freak finally got his stuff including the Dakota controller. He bought it from me and and had me send it to David instead and then right after that he disappeared. Kinda made me feel like crap.

Even thought it would be difficult for him. I do think he should come back. He was always nice and I never had any bad conversations or deals with him before he left except for the last one. So hopefully it happens at some point.

Syclopse and lwizardl like this.
  14. lwizardl

Shawn has gotten his package, and david says he can not find his soldering iron for doing CMC's package yet. He will be starting CMC's order as soon as he can find a soldering iron that he can do the work with. I'm also mailing out a spare laptop I bought from a garage sale to david so he will have access to a computer to do stuff and be able to come back to the forums sooner.

James

Syclopse likes this.
  15. lwizardl

Shawn confirmed that system is working as expected so I'm glad it arrived safely. I mailed out the laptop today to David tracking says should have it wednesday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

James

Tchoin likes this.
  16. Tchoin

Tchoin Site Patron

I believe I've already said this but you've gone above and beyond with this! Thanks for helping everyone!

cmc0234 and lwizardl like this.
  17. lwizardl

thanks Tchoin, I am just glad that I am able to help with all this and l am looking forward to david returning to the site again :)

18. lwizardl

David confirmed he got the laptop in the mail today and it is working great. Just glad USPS didn't destroy it while they had it.

MonkeyBoyJoey and Syclopse like this.