SECURITY NOTICE: Please read the security notice in the site help forum immediately.

David Thomas...Anyone heard from him?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by citrus3000psi, Sep 1, 2014.

1. XboxSurgeon

XboxSurgeon Site Supporter Since 2013

*crickets chirping*

2. lwizardl

lwizardl Living The Dream

Heard back from David. I now understand why I have been having trouble with getting responses back from David. Sometimes when he sees my msgs his anxiety gets the best of him. Which to be honest is something that has happened to me in the past also so I'll give him a pass on that. We chatted for about 30 mins tonight and he said he is going to be going to the storage soon to get somethings. I asked him to get the last orders of stuff owed that way he can work on them and hopefully get this all finished. He had also said he is concerned that people won't trust him anymore after this is all over and I told him that I fully 100% trust him and can understand how everything happened.

Once I can confirm that he was able to get the stuff out of storage and back into his home I will ask him to take a picture of it as is currently and will post them here for everyone to see.

Also I will be needing to verify the orders for the final people so we can make sure to get it all ready. Still wish I was in Florida so I could go and help him with this all in person but being so many states apart makes it all harder.

James

3. XboxSurgeon

citrus3000psi likes this.
  4. lwizardl

I will be asking him about that

Sent david the pictures that list who is owed what and the mailing address again, and asked about the ebay postings. Got a response back

From David
    " I will try and get those parts when I go to the storage. Only problem is everything is in boxes and it is not labeled. I have more then 50 xbox consoles myself, probably in the storage is a 100 boxes plus all the household things.

The stuff I listed on ebay was stuff that never made it into storage, I will get these things back to these people. But even after I find the stuff I still need to track down my soldering iron and all the other stuff I need to complete these projects."

From Me to David
    "Totally can understand David, and if you can not find your soldering iron I don't have a great one but I would happy mail you mine to use if needed.

I'll let them know what you said so they can understand also"

James

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2016
  5. citrus3000psi

citrus3000psi Housekeeping, you want towel?

If he has time to post stuff on ebay, he has time to go through his boxes at storage. Lets hope he pulls through

XboxSurgeon likes this.
  6. Syclopse

Syclopse .

Deserves a repost, and I hope everyone welcomes David back to the AG community when he returns, I miss his knowledge and enthusiasm for everything Xbox.

lwizardl and A Toubib like this.
  7. lwizardl

Totally agree syclopse!

been talking to David all day today. I just looked at my phone and from dec 8th til now there has been 179 msgs total!
    He said he wasn't able to read the texted images to him when he zoomed it it would blur so I typed it back in and sent them to him. He is going to try get to the storage tomorrow it is about couple hours away from where he is right now but he will look for everything including his modding tools so he can get to work

8. XboxSurgeon

Still gotta ask though, why hasn't David come back to the site and try to settle these concerns/issues himself versus going through you as his proxy?

9. lwizardl

honestly I think he is nervous about how people will respond to him and not sure if he has internet access (not sure which phone he has if say smart phone or one of those free flip phones). He keeps asking if people will welcome him back once this is all finished and I keep saying I think once everything has been finished and he comes back to the site I think most people will understand and he will be good to come back, and that he will have to explain in his own words what happened etc.

10. XboxSurgeon

He has Internet if he is posting on eBay....

Look, David doesn't owe me anything. More over I think that he owes the community an explanation with his own words vs cowering behind another member. I believe, and I do not think I'm the only one, that David coming back and explaining the circumstances will make a lot more people not feel screwed over and calm some concerns.

11. lwizardl

I agree with that but I haven't asked if he has internet access or not for all I know he could have use the internet at the library. Tomorrow when I send him more msgs I will ask about it

12. LeHaM

LeHaM Site Soldier

TLDR??

13. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag Staff Member

Anxiety? He's behind a monitor.. I have an anxiety disorder, doesn't stop me typing though.

14. XboxSurgeon

Same here.

15. lwizardl

progress from David he just got these from storage. Have some more details to send to both cmc and shawn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and my xbit chips
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    cmc0234 and citrus3000psi like this.
  16. Pea2nuts

Pea2nuts Rising Member

Just read this whole thread. I thought for sure it'd be sorted out by the 30th page... I can't believe it has been almost a year since he started shipping out the items and it's still not done. I just can't understand why he wouldn't come back here and update the thread himself

NexTheReal likes this.
  17. Superrayman3

Superrayman3 Robust Member

He probably hasn't come back and posted in this thread because he's afraid that people will immediately start bashing and attacking him regardless of what kind of an explanation he gives so to avoid that he's having lwizardl be a proxy to get things done until he settles everything, that being said he probably will give an explanation once everything is settled, and he has been making good on his promises, it's been slow for sure but he has made somewhat an effort nonetheless so I'd consider giving him the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

lwizardl and Syclopse like this.
  18. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag Staff Member

But also, moderators are here to stop such bickering publicly.

I highly doubt even after all this gets sorted, he still won't come back.

19. lwizardl

I sent a msg to david and got a response back that I think everyone will like.

"If you was to get the finals stuff out by end of Jan. About how soon do you think after that would you want to return to the forums. If your worries about going to the forums and being attacked by people. The moderators would be quick to respond and stop it."

From David
    "Now that I know they want me to know that I can return and not fear that everyone will attack me. Once I complete everything.

Which to me sounds like once he has everything returned to people then he will come back knowing he won't be constantly sent bad things. Personally I look forward to him returning learning all the new advances people have done. For example he had no knowledge about the open source scan converter. But also sharing all the information he knows about xbox etc.

James

20. XboxSurgeon

Anything new on this? I keep seeing relisted eBay items so........?

This thread was created Sept 2nd 2014

We are over two years into his absence? Is that right?