SECURITY NOTICE: Please read the security notice in the site help forum immediately.

David Thomas...Anyone heard from him?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by citrus3000psi, Sep 1, 2014.

1. citrus3000psi

citrus3000psi Housekeeping, you want towel?

I sent him money for a x3 chip July 28th...blah still haven't received it. I haven't gotten any communication back from him since aug 14th.

Does anyone personally know him? Does anybody know if he is ok?

2. retro

retro Administrator Staff Member

The user davidthomas? Last logged in 21 August.

I don't see a sales thread from him, so I assume the transaction was private / conducted elsewhere.

3. citrus3000psi

Yes the user davidthomas.

The transaction was initiated through the site here. But went private via email. I've left more of a detailed response of whats going on in the user feedback forum under his name.

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?49558-davidthomas

At first he was quick with replies but now its all silent. It seems everybody backs him up in the feedback forum and has good transactions with him. So I'm wondering why mine has gone deblunk. I was just curious if anybody actually "knew" him. I'm hoping something bad hasn't happened to him.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  4. takeshi385

takeshi385 Buy a Harley and get dragged by my kx500. Mad Kaw!

I've bought from him before and never had any trouble. Hmmm, I hope he's well because this is completely out of character for him.

5. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag Staff Member

Someone contacted me about his whereabouts. In a thread, he mentioned he had some family issues, and possibly it's related to that.

6. citrus3000psi

He told me this info on aug 11th; and said "I have it already on my desk ready to be packed and like I said I will get it in the mail tomorrow. This is the first time that I have such a delay with shipping to someone. Again I am really sorry and you you will have it ASAP! I will send it priority at no extra cost to you!"

I replied (on the 14th); I told him not to stress, get what you need to get done and ship the item out.

On the 14th he said: I am gonna get it out in the next day or 2.

And thats the last I've heard from him. I've sent him a few emails here and there. He could at least reply and say hey I haven't had time to get it shipped to you; instead of just leaving me hang out to dry.

What bothers me the most is that after talking to user toxicmeds (He is waiting on items from david too) that david told him different stuff that was going on.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  7. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag Staff Member

Ah who knows mate, did you pay by gift? If you did, never ever do it again.

I doubt he'd stiff you guys, he doesn't seem like that type. Something major might be going on.

8. Boomslangnz

Boomslangnz Spirited Member

I had a trade with David last year which took a few months to get solved due to family difficulties at that time too. In the end, he delivered but he always replied to my private messages on here. Hope he's going ok

9. lwizardl

lwizardl Living The Dream

I was just going to make a post about this. I mailed him a couple xbox chips to get fixed and gave him a couple of chips for the repair work. Have not heard frm him since 07-25-2014 I have sent him 5 msgs since then. Gonna go out and say I think I was scammed by him. the address I had mailed them to now is listed as for sale so not really sure what to do.

10. A Toubib

A Toubib Midnight Xbox Crew

David has been a member to the Xbox scene for a long time now. It doesn't make sense he would now try to scam. He's been on here for ages and he's dealt with huge transactions. My best guess is something is going on and hopefully someone who is close to him can shed some light on where he is and how he's doing.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  11. citrus3000psi

Well I can say he has been ignoring you then because my last response from him was on 08-14-2014. Him moving might have to do something with his family members loss. He told me in email he had been out of state cleaning a condo out. Perhaps that has something to do with his house on the market. Just speculation though.

Agreed, and the purpose of this post. But it looks like nobody "personally" knows him. Hopefully david is fine and can finish up all these open transactions.

12. turfster

turfster i grow grass

I checked on some other sites he use's. Looks like august 21st was his last login on all of them too. Something must of happened. I have done so many transactions with him successfully. He did get me for a few gamecube chips but i think he just forgot as I did too.

13. lwizardl

Screenshot - 09052014 - 08:35:01 PM.png

yeah I can understand if there was a loss but a simple "hey man, gotta take care of a family issue will get back to you this weekend" or something would have been fine. But as you can see in the attached picture I have sent a few msgs to him, so my guess is yeah he is avoiding or ignoring me. Sucks because as of right now I am out of 4 xbox chips

14. Borman

Borman Xbox Archivist Staff Member

Hopefully it works itself out. Either way he will need a solid explanation when he gets back. It's terrible that you guys haven't gotten your items, but there are worse possibilities.

15. Syclopse

Syclopse .

Where does it show that his house is for sale? Are you sure it's not one of those lame zillow type sites with estimates of property values? I'll step in here and refund the money to those who have open transactions with him, then he can reimburse me when the time comes, no rush. I to am concerned and wish I had his phone number, I may just go buy an ebay item of his to get his contact information, will update.

16. lwizardl

syclopse I won't openly post his home address in a public thread. If an admin wanted the address I mailed stuff to then that may be a different story. But when I search for the address in florida i get on google first page result

Zillow.com
    Homes.com
    homesnapcom
    realtor.com
    remax.com
    trulia.com
    realtytrac.com
    eppraisal.com
    propertyshark.com
    forsalebyowner.com

update: looking at a few of them are showing the house was listed on market, some say off market, and a few are listing last sold prices. So going to guess that the sites may just be the appraisals. I only clicked on a couple of them before and they was active now all seem to be closed

17. Syclopse

Syclopse .

I have his home address, I was out there in May of this year. But the eBay item I was going to purchase sold today, perhaps someone here bought an XDK DVD drive today?

Type in your address in google and I bet the first 10 hits are the same. =)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  18. lwizardl

just tried that and yeah I do find similar links

19. ToxicMedz

ToxicMedz Gutsy Member

So I'm really hoping myself that everything is alright with him. I sent him a modchip for repair as well as spent a lot of money on a lot of awesome xbox parts. Adds up to quite a bit of money. Really really hope he's not ditching with the money and my chip. :/

just tryin to keep my hopes high that he's going to return.

bought a debug xbox, spidergx chip, xerc2 chip, a x3ce chip with crystal x3 faceplate and an xtender kit...

20. leetwolf

leetwolf Peppy Member

Just putting my two cents here :) I sold him an XBox DVT-4, got paid no issues yet been 2 weeks. Never got confirmation or anything back in the mail. If I knew where I put the receipt I could look to see if it ever made it...I'll look later this evening.