1. 2017 FUNDRAISER

2017 brings with it a new server for the site. Any donations to support the ongoing costs of keeping this running will be greatly received. See this thread for more information.

Atari Jaguar - footage of unreleased games from CES 1995

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by dark, Nov 28, 2016.

1. dark

dark Intrepid Member

Footage of three unreleased titles are in this video (as well as in development footage of other Jag, SNES and 32X games, some of which have minor differences to the released versions).

The unreleased Jag stuff:
    -unreleased Space War 2000 starts at 7:05
    -Unreleased beat em up (commonly referred to as "Conan") starts at 11:25
    -Hover Hunter (later known as Phase Zero) 23:06

2. Moo

Moo Gutsy Member

Yeah, Conan coulda turned out to be good. Needed a bit more animation tho.

3. Auction_Sniper

Auction_Sniper Rapidly Rising Member

There is some pretty clean footage of the SNES version of FX Fighter at 34:17. The hit detection looks a bit clunky, but it could have been decent if they had followed through with it.

4. SourOneTon3DS

SourOneTon3DS Member

I like how Neptune is shown flipping off everyone at around 17:15 in the background of Ultra Vortek

5. dark

dark Intrepid Member

Star Fox 2 is in here as well right before FX Fighter. -Nice catch on FX Fighter, last I looked there wasn't a lot of content about the snes version in the usual places online. It's actually looking pretty good for the FX chip imo and not far off from the PC version I remember.

6. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

Holy crap! That version of Starfox 2 is more complete than the available leaked ROM. Look at the map screen, it's translated, it looks totally different, and much more animated. Looks like the intro is even a little different.

This video is awesome, thanks for posting!

7. oasiz

oasiz Member

Pretty sure that the jag version of rayman shown there has different level music.
    Closer to what PSX/PC had in some ways.
    While it tries to go for a version of a streamed track, it's still clunky and sounds like it's missing some of it's meat, as with the retail tunes.
    For reference, a typical music loop could last from 10~40 seconds in the final build, producing some really droning tunes.
    Retail version's tunes often just have the drumkit track looping along with some lead sounds here and there.. as in no effort was put in to making them sound good.
    This one seems to aim for the full length of the tune, probably for demonstration purposes.

Also the bandland tune doesn't seem familiar to me, possibly unique to the demo. Hard to tell due to the noise.

8. Kid Fenris

Kid Fenris Rising Member

Those health bars look right out of a Capcom brawler, though I don't know about the rest of the game. I remember Conan mostly because it's one of the few original Jaguar games that isn't digitized 2-D or really awkward 3-D.