1. 2017 FUNDRAISER

2017 brings with it a new server for the site. Any donations to support the ongoing costs of keeping this running will be greatly received. See this thread for more information.

Aliexpress video cards.

Discussion in 'Computer Gaming Forum' started by proarturs, Apr 7, 2015.

1. proarturs

proarturs The force is with me

2. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 Keyboard Error: Press F1 to Continue

Aliexpress returns system has been great in my experience, not sure why CodeAsm has had problems with DOA's

3. rso

rso HUUUGE Member. (It's enormous. You'd love it.)

Can't say I've ever tried to return anything on AE, but "buyer pays return shipping" (which is what a lot of the sellers seem to have in their conditions) doesn't sound too great for not-so-small items.

4. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 Keyboard Error: Press F1 to Continue

I have never had to send anything back, even with those terms and even if they tell me I need to when first contacting them.

Soon as I tell them I am not happy to be out return shipping, they usually refund in full pretty quickly or partial refund and keep the item.

5. CodeAsm

CodeAsm ohci_write: Bad offset 30

My mistake, i ment seller.(not sellerS, changed the sentence) this one seller dint do his polite work. There might be allot of good honest sellers out there.
    Just dont expect to be able to send it back. refunds happen on cheap or really good proven DOA items, some friends told me that some sellers even refund 50$ or more. but I just hit this one seller who blames everything on me.

so, well expect china grade videocards, and maybe you get your money back if its broken or not completely what you think it should be.

6. MrShanksio

MrShanksio Newly Registered

I would not recommend buying a replica\fake video card or any other computer components, you're risking to blow your system. It's just not a wise decision, I've seen such videos and it definitely was a risky shot, don't be fooled by the price because now it may seem cheap but later it may be one of those super expensive decisions. :)

7. proarturs

proarturs The force is with me

I don't think that a video card can blow the whole system. Maybe if you have a motherboard with a very bad power circut design and a cheap low quality PSU, then I can see that happening.
    But yes, obviously these video cards are not recommended.

CodeAsm likes this.
  8. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

I've had bad video cards fry power supplies before but not motherboards.

First time for everything.

9. Vosse

Vosse Well Known Member

So fake. Modified BIOS. Extremely low memory bandwidth. On a 384-bit bus? WAT l

10. LeHaM

LeHaM Site Soldier

Unless they have packed the card with copious amounts of gun power and LSD, I think you'll be fine ;)

11. Romi

Romi Member

Just dont do it... A french magazine made a test of those a while back... Flashed bios and INCREDIBLY dangerous power wise.

12. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

Here's a video where the guy removes the cooler and shows the actual pcb of one such fake card. Don't mind the russian, just look at the video.

Generally, if it's too good to be true - it is. Normal priced cards, on aliexpress are real, though.

CodeAsm likes this.
  13. rso

rso HUUUGE Member. (It's enormous. You'd love it.)

Eh, just buy a china-quality water cooling setup to go along with it. That way you'll have submerged your whole PC long before the graphics card catches on fire. :p

I was looking at a "1070" card on AE just the other day. Seeing how they're priced these days, you aren't even saving a lot of money, so why you would buy those knockoffs is becond me.