1. 2017 FUNDRAISER

2017 brings with it a new server for the site. Any donations to support the ongoing costs of keeping this running will be greatly received. See this thread for more information.

Action Replay DS problems with PC connection

Discussion in 'Nintendo Game Development' started by mdmx, Feb 21, 2009.

1. mdmx

mdmx Familiar Face

I recently bought an Action Replay DS v1.23 including USB-cable and Action Replay Code Manager Software (EUR) v1.0.

Unfortunately the Action Replay Code Manager Software does not recognize the DS. I already tried several tutorials, different software releases and different drivers. I also did a reset on the AR hardware and tried it on a friends computer. (both Win XP SP3).

The facts:
    - Action Replay DS cartridge will be recognized when connected to the PC. - Windows automatically installed the driver from the CD when connected for the first time.
    - AR Code Manager software does not recognize the DS. It just says 'waiting for DS'
    - I can establish a connection for a few seconds when I do the following steps:
    *open the update menu (ds side)
    *click on the home button
    * quickly remove the AR cartridge

Then the PC shows a 'loading...' message in the Nintendo DS codes window. A few seconds later the PC software crashes.

I've spent hours on this shitty hardware. I've just bought it for Contra 4 and currently I'm not able to use it.

I hope someone here has more experience with the AR DS. I would appreciate any help. I've just want to upload the codes for Contra.

2. Dark_Majora

Dark_Majora Member

Uuummm. If your computer crashed because of the software, it must suck. Buy another AR and a diffrent version to. If it is outdated, it doesn't always work.

3. mdmx

mdmx Familiar Face

got a replacement from the seller. Works fine now.